Saturday, June 26, 2010

How important is cooking with your kids?

Just how important is cooking with your kids? I don't have any scientific research data to share, I just know it is a time when you can interact with them, help them make healthy choices in food and maybe they will find out what ingredients are in some of the foods they protest eating.
My one grandson loves peanuts, but decided he didn't like peanut butter. He has never even tried it, just decided he didn't like it. This week we made homemade peanut butter. We made it just from peanuts, then we added a little salt, and then we added a little honey (which he protested he didn't like until he tasted a little on a spoon... surprise "I like that.") We were going to make some butter, but ran out of time. We have the ingredients to make our Welsh cookies, but time ran out. I don't know where the week went. We are planning to get together soon again. And the summer is only 1/2 over. We will make our other stuff in the next few weeks. I may go ahead and make the cookies and freeze them and then they can help me bake and decorate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment